"Vocally assuming someone is a bimbo in every interaction,
from everyone on your team (for years, let alone this weekend)
is not normal conduct - except in your case, it is.." (3.7.22)
MARCH 7, 2022
Can tell your staff hold you in such high esteem, taking the initiative, negotiating your sex life, your future offspring, family dinners on your behalf. Business negotiation 101: having your children is unlikely to ever be a selling point in your favour.
You may wanna clue them in...
Your industry really is entirely populated by untrainable, bottom-feeders without any business acumen (known as “the burgeoning white underclass” in int’l circle politesse)... this is considered inappropriate in REAL business settings... as is bombarding me with messages to meet you, then sending me songs expecting me to have sex with you (3.5.22) ... whether it’s you or not is irrelevant.
Vocally assuming someone is a bimbo, in every interaction, from everyone on your team (for years, let alone this weekend), is not normal conduct, except in your case it is. Clearly you and your ilk have never been exposed to real, high calibre int’l business people (doubtful they’d ever let you in). They’d view you as low class gov’t financed wannabes... who behave like truckers, yet claim otherwise... basket-holders waiting for manna to fall from the sky. If you had to earn anything yourself, you wouldn’t be consistently making such poor decisions and completely unable to solve problems.
This is who you are. This is the type of people you identify with. You can’t tell me these issues aren’t foundational.
I was unequivocal last spring... will never work for you, accept financing nor be involved with your board... would rather live in a homeless shelter. From what I recall, they were doing just fine, making poor hiring decisions, getting delisted from stock exchanges, tanking your companies without me...
If you actually chose to get to know me, you would’ve realized our values and viewpoints conflict. Used to judge people harshly, wrote them off as stupid for liking CSI (was very vocal about it)... feel the same way about Schitt’s Creek -- if you’re not white, it’s sexist and racist. You’re completely scandal-ridden with a history of unethical content and practices (ie. Michelle Latimer).
Your pandemic grace period will soon come to a close. I expect, courts will be willing to issue peace bonds again as they can now be enforced (which wasn’t the case with lock-downs and stay-at-home orders).
There is documentation of death and rape threats (9.1.21), seven instances of people following me (9.15.21-11.30.21), and several occasions where lights in my bedroom were turned on-off in the middle of the night (as recently as mid-Feb 2022)... in addition to the usual offensive messages, interfering with my computers, etc, all of which have not abated. As your team has crossed the line from cyberstalking to actual stalking, the level of intrusion will necessitate a request for your team to be barred from contacting me and staying a significant distance away from my place of residence. I expect this would limit your ability to occupy the units across from me.
Consider this yet another unearned courtesy.
"It's disturbing if you think I'd go to the cottage of a white man I've never met, who's NOW responsible for 4 years of abuse, with sons who
can't possibly be raised for anything but mosque shootings" (6.18.2022)
MARCH 19, 2022
Let’s be clear...
You’re someone unmemorable I was introduced to twenty-two years ago, and came to a class I took five years ago, without any real, meaningful nor memorable conversation since. The only reason why you bothered was because your staff was blaming years of harassment on your son, something you couldn’t decipher until I pointed it out... not that it’s made any difference. Doubt I said anything reciprocal, but if so, it was in the spirit of saying what you wanted to hear, a practice you’re well acquainted with.
Can appreciate you’re a hero to the brainless bottom-feeders of your industry, however, in the world I live in, you’re nothing more than a non-descript old white guy with inflated accomplishments... no doubt, if they’re remembered at all, it’s only because you’re white and those who value them couldn’t tell the difference anyway. The west is very practiced at historically, glorifying the meaningless.
You’re just an idiot surrounded by widespread homogenous idiocy that’s spreading...
Forget your south african ceo who bought his way into an industry where white skin is the only tablestakes qualification...without any exposure to public multinationals nor public holding companies, unskilled at managing companies as assets, unable to read a book on managing investors, etc... no need to beat a dead dog.
Let’s talk about women ...
... starting with Madeline Cohen, a few meaningless years in the non-profit arts made VP Int’l Operations at a int’l public holding company, elevated to the board without any prior corporate exposure (!) Based on the character of unconsented dialogue from your staff for years now, one has to wonder how many people she had to sleep with.
... Julie Bristow, after a career entirely at the CBC (!!), given a blank cheque to develop plans for her company, a success despite herself, only to watch it being tanked by your unqualified ceo while sitting on the very board responsible for it... you almost have to assume she slept her way to opportunities.
... same with Sara Curran (BAFTAs?), Charles Falzon’s & Steven Levitan’s wives, daughters... don’t even get me started on Nancy Tellem ... there really is no basis to assume otherwise. Why else tolerate it?
That is what your culture is built on ... white skin and an industry platform of sexual opportunity... where below-mediocre TV is just the bi-product. The rest of us aren’t socialized to be so loose, and don’t have our entire careers handed to us on a silver platter, so we’re reluctant to be put in situations where unqualified others tanking our careers is the only possible outcome. I’m sure you can’t relate.
You really do underestimate how wide the gap is between yourself and the int’l leadership of the generation before you... how oblivious you are... how embarrassingly under-accomplished your wife is in those contexts... why would I even bother taking her leftovers? Think about it.
Nothing is on the table, except a settlement.
And if your staff doesn’t leave me alone, I’ll be forced to rewrite your legacy... so irreversibly lawyers will be irrelevant. Unlike the ignorant dumb white idiocy that is your industry and your family, I am neither untrained nor untested in the world.
"Was unequivocal last spring... will never work for you,
accept financing nor be involved with your board...
would rather live in a homeless shelter." (3.7.2022)
What is enough for you? Clearly the 40 pages of documentation, the last four years of raising the issue clearly wasn’t enough for you to do anything.
I need you to leave.
I am not spending another summer like the last three because you insist on being a clueless fucking idiot who takes lots of vacation and spends lots of money on useless dumb white people who harass me. Every year this gets worse. I appreciate you’re stupid enough to believe that your failed white friends, who despite being spoon-fed everything their entire lives, are utter failures (what a surprise). Even you can’t overcompensate for them, although at this point its highly doubtful whether any of your accomplishments are really your own. If I ever come across any of them at a public event, I’m sure I can at least muster a smashed bottle over their head... a small but well-earned consequence. The fact that they still think this is salvageable, just cements how entrenched and unchangeable white stupidity really is.
Let’s be clear:
You’re not worth knowing, never were and I will never allow myself the embarrassment of being associated with the low calibre people that are white Canadians. In fact, I will never work with any white media people ever again, nor accept funding from them. If I was undecided before, you cemented that conviction.
I completely understand that you’re too white and stupid to get it... but you need to fuck off now. I’m tired of documenting and raising this issue with you and everyone else. I’m tired of your white trash friends at Ryerson who share your ignorant self-important uselessness, who shirk their responsibilities. I’m tired of you being only concerned about your own convenience, the only dilemma white people like you seem to have, too white to be concerned about your other obligations. Too white to be reasoned with.
I find it distressing that after a year of ignoring messages that seem like threats to my cat, your staff would continue harassing me, pretending to be you, saying I should bring my cat to your cottage. It’s disturbing if you think I’d go to the cottage of a white man I’ve never met who’s responsible for four years of abuse, with sons who can’t possibly be raised for anything but mosque shootings. I can’t imagine you’re sons were raised any better than your staff who harass me or your board who perpetuates it. You can’t possibly be anything but a failed parent waiting to happen. White people make the worst parents. White women don’t have the capacity to be proper matriarchs, so you have lots of failed sons. It’s not rocket science. It’s not even ambiguous.
I don’t have to care about you or your sons. I can’t shut down my life anymore than I have. I can’t keep having meltdowns because you’re blind to how you’re affecting my life. I can’t keep using fewer rooms because it feels like you’re infringing on my space.
So this is where we are:
We’re at the point in the film, Syriana, where Matt Damon’s son dies in a swimming pool during a party while everyone stands by and watches. I don’t recall it being an accident, my memory of the film was that it was just a mere consequence for Damon’s character barking up the wrong tree... not having the capacity to get he didn’t belong there. That everyone there just let his son die to send him a message... which he failed to get.
Charlie Hebdo was justified. It wasn’t unanticipated, unfortunate or unwarranted. It wasn’t even surprising. The parents of the dead deserved to see their children assassinated that way. Their children deserve to live with that outcome and legacy. It’s not sad. It made the world a better place. The fact that the French government continued to fund them made that clear. If you don’t see it that way you’re just white, blind to cause and effect and socialized to believe your actions don’t have consequences.
You need to leave.
A stalled harassment settlement has been in negotiation, however, I need assistance compiling evidence and devising a legal case. I am willing to offer a percentage of the settlement amount for a human rights lawyer, investigative journalist and tech team willing to invest the time to research the issue upfront. Additional bonusing is on offer if systemic change is garnered (throughout the university system, the media industry value chains, government organizations and funding bodies).
The settlement amount is, in my view, fairly substantial and has grown steadily in discussion each year the harassment has not ceased. As Sussman has always been a Canadian government-financed TV media industry exec (and subsequent billionaire), I see this case offering a bottomless pit of legal fees and cutting-edge legal case studies – in areas of Canadian (state-sponsored) media, spyware, privacy, harassment and cyberstalking, intertwined with racial and gender discrimination.
Here is how I view approaching this:
1. A legal assessment of Sussman’s conduct as a prominent Canadian media industry executive, board chair of a Canadian public holding company (recently defunct), and an advisor for The Creative School programs and faculty at the Toronto Metropolitan University.
2. A legal assessment of Sussman’s current and former board, their conduct vs. obligations on this issue, history of financial (and other) scandals and failed companies. This holds relevance due to how heavily government subsidized Canadian media industries are (across every level of the media industry value chain). It may also be worthwhile to dig into individual board member’s personal financial dealings, to add more granularity to their profiles and culture.
3. An assessment of personal liability each board member should incur (across Sussman’s companies) and anybroader legal repercussions/ penalties for perpetuating misconduct for such a duration, including the possibility ofcriminal charges.
4. A legal assessment of Charles Falzon’s role (Dean, The Creative School), his conduct vs. ethical obligations to theToronto Metropolitan University students amid harassment concerns, his dismissal of the issues, and how thisinfluences the broader community as a feeder institution to multiple media verticals, and its ecosystem of creativestartups.
5. An assessment of Steve Levitan’s role (contract lecturer, The Creative School) relative to unethical conduct,exploiting student-professor trust for personal profit, and being the institutional conduit between the TorontoMetropolitan University and illegal Canadian television industry practices – abusive, exploitative behaviour,intellectual property theft, posing as an unauthorized broker of work not for sale (all things Sussman, his boardand staff have perpetuated).
6. An investigation into the financial transactional history between Sussman (including his companies and their affiliates), and Charles Falzon, Steve Levitan and Ian Mirlin over the last six years, to determine where priorities align and allegiances prevail.
7. A cultural assessment of Sussman’s organizations, individual staff and board members. There is evidence to suggest the group is predominantly Jewish, a significant proportion are apartheid-era raised white South Africans, with staff derived from local communities in Canada analogous to these, who are more inclined to adopt apartheid-type views, Asian-hate behaviours and control tactics (ie. rural Nova Scotia and Alberta, relatively low income white suburbs like Oshawa, etc), which historically aligns with the television industry’s point-system, and in-part explains the racist, misogynistic, predatory nature and the maliciousness of their conduct. It would also explain why someone with my cultural and professional background and profile would want nothing to do with these people or the industry in this country.
8. A professional correlation between the harassment logs and existing cyberstalking profiles, to construct an accurate picture of: a) Sussman’s sons (Scott Oliver Sussman, Jack Elliot Sussman) as criminal harassers in isolation of b) the organization’s culture and c) the leadership (Steven Silver) and other members instigating the harassment and death threats -- to ensure a clear picture for a legal case against all three groups. In my view cyberstalking is foundational to their daily operations, and misconduct in a range of forms is the accepted norm, actively perpetuated by all levels of its leadership (and presumably their industry culture).
9. Investigative research into the technology component, how they control my computers, devices and printer (ie.illegal installation of spyware, IP address targeting, apple device vulnerabilities exploited by surveillance tech?)and how does one stop or prevent this? As I have never been an employee of Sussman’s nor received any benefit, financial or otherwise from them, the use of surveillance tech on my computers has always been an unconsented, illegal invasion of privacy, and uncontrolled, expansive harassment in the hands of Sussman’s staff and family.
10. Investigative research into their real estate holdings and/or rentals in my building complex, their occupants and/oruses. There are at least 6-9 condo units Sussman’s family and team occupy that face my unit from differentdirections, enabling visual surveillance. I would like to know when they were acquired and occupied, alongside acomparative analysis of demographic profiles of theirs and the majority of the residents here. I expect a significantethnic and income divergence exists in these profiles, begging the question why would Sussman specificallychoose this building and those units?
11. An assessment of whether a court application for a peace bond is an adequate mechanism (amongst others) to legally limit Sussman’s access to my computers, devices and printers, to legally prevent the ongoing harassment, and to potentially legally limit Sussman’s family and staff’s access to the building complex (given the duration of the issue, damage to my electronics equipment, and a demonstrated ability to breach building security and access my floor). It is questionable whether their use of those units is appropriate for a residential building complex, and public scrutiny of their activities and removal of the occupants are more than warranted.
12. An analysis of appropriate and effective mechanisms for addressing these issues in multinational private and public companies in regulated industries, and their absence within the Canadian media industry value chain. Sussman, his board and community affiliates in this case reveal the layered corruption Canadian government funding enables -- where mechanisms like NDA’s shield them from accountability in absence of any real mechanisms for redress (a media landscape looking to government funding bodies as their true north, not markets, conspires to unhealthy corporate practices in this country). This carries through to educational institutions who funnel talent to these companies and are practiced at deflecting issues not aligned with their cultural interests.
13. A mapping of current and former employees (where they came from and have gone), to demonstrate how far reaching these issues are, for industry illustrative purposes and as a basis for compiling evidence for criminal charges against several of Sussman’s employees. Given the change in board and staff due to Sussman’s failed companies amid the ongoing harassment, a mapping of individuals’ movements will likely illustrate this is both a cultural and industry issue, not a question of a few bad apples.
Peter A. Sussman / See also: X, Forresters Hall, Mad Rabbit - (former CEO of Alliance Atlantis, Board Chair and co-founder of Kew Media, program advisor of The Creative School, Toronto Metropolitan University, in-class guest)
Steven Silver (former CEO of now defunct Kew Media, in-class guest)
Scott Oliver Sussman (Sussman’s son)
Jack Elliot Sussman (Sussman’s son)
Several current and former unidentified staff (5-8) of Sussman's, many carried over from Kew Media
Charles Falzon / See also: X - (Dean of The Creative School, Toronto Metropolitan University)
Steven S. Levitan / See also: Protocol Entertainment (contract lecturer The Creative School, Toronto Metropolitan University)
Ian Mirlin (co-founder of Harrod & Mirlin, now FCB Toronto)
Sussman's Board (from now defunct Kew Media)
Peter A. Sussman / See also: X, Forresters Hall, Mad Rabbit
Julie Bristow / X
Sara Curran / See also: X, Foresters Hall
Patrice E. Merrin
Nancy Reiss Tellem
Stephen N. Pincus
Mark L. Segal
Peter A. Sussman is known for his involvement in CSI and Schitt's Creek. He has companies across many Anglo countries each with staff who can repurposed for harassment.
Current board members, staff and network are unknown, however common Canadian media industry practice in failed companies is to rebrand and start anew with the same people, so there is assumed crossover at the board and staff levels.All the above share some complicity in the harassment since 2018, including several unidentified staff. My understanding is the harassment has been an ongoing discussion amongst the board members without steps taken to resolve or address the issue over the course of several years.
"CYOA Rhythms" was exhibited as part of the IGNITE exhibition series. Commissioned by the City of Mississauga (a Toronto-satellite city) for a group exhibit for the Pan Am & ParaPan Am Games, the work was installed at Mississauga's Celebration Square on Aug 3 & 10 from 8am - 8pm. Hosted by the Art Gallery of Mississauga, an artist talk on 'ideas of cultural citizenship' related to the work, was held Jul 27 @ 1pm via Twitter chat using hashtag #sharethelovesauga.
"CYOA Rhythms" was exhibited at the Medulla Art Gallery, Port of Spain as part of the New Media Program within the 2014 Trinidad & Tobago Film Festival.
"CYOA Rhythms" video installation was exhibited as part of The Carnival Project at the Littlefield Eco-Club, (in Gowanus) Brooklyn New York, hosted by Batala NYC on May 4, 2014.
My essay, "Taking Flight: Perspectives from the Depths of an Ideas Factory" was included in the Sarai 09: Projections reader. The reader series was developed by Sarai, the media arm of the Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS), New Delhi.
• In 2018/19, film and tv production spending in Canada (incl. foreign spending in the sector) was valued at $9.4billion – well above the future forecasted revenue of Bombardier in 2025 according to this article.
• In 2018/19, the $3.02 billion spent on TV production (excl. distribution, exhibition and television broadcast costs)was likely subsidized by the Canadian government.
Albeit apples-to-oranges, the comparison draws attention to the scale of government spending within an industry of roughly similar size to a multinational in a regulated field (where the behaviours outlined could not go unchecked),illuminating the absence of functional governance and mechanisms to address sexual/ harassment, cyberstalking and other inappropriate behaviours foundational to media industry culture in Canada (aka. white Canadian culture). It appears to be a norm for these inappropriate behaviours to be systemically perpetuated at all levels, including at the senior and advisory/board levels of industry and tertiary educational institutions, whose interests lie in maintaining high-profile connections to keep the historical flow of money and profile within their circles. Elsewhere, the situation outlined here would equate to one of the many definitions of what is commonly referred to as “state-sponsored corruption.”
According to the same study, the majority of Canada’s international treaty coproductions in the last decade were with theUK, France, and a small number of other European and Anglo-markets, denoting the sector’s ingrained cultural limitation and handicaps. When viewed through a global media industry lens, it is difficult to ignore the intangible cultural assets minority creators draw on and the growing markets they can access, which white Canadian creators and funders cannot.This can no longer be disputed.
While the legal implications here to Sussman, his board, staff, industry and affiliated institutions are the low hanging fruit, the intended audience for the overall outcomes are the rising minority creators/ media practitioners – to factually illuminate the need for a media industry cultural partition in Canada moving forward, as there seem to be few protections due to perpetuation of white (illegal) ingrained behaviours commonly dismissed as the norm or as insignificant. Minority creators already outperform their white counterparts (pretty much everywhere), due to deeper wells of history and culture they draw on (which white Canadians severely lack), and the established media institutions here have demonstrated they cannot serve.
Let's be clear.
I have never been part of the Canadian television and film industry, nor have I wanted to be. I am a new media/ multimedia artist + researcher, focused on cultures and narratives of the global south, designing interactive media. Prior to this, however, I spent over a decade in dozens of countries around the world as an international strategist + researcher in ad media –-- where I can say with absolute conviction, placing a multinational’s ad dollars in white Canadian film and television programming amounts to a professional fraud. Mostly due to its irrelevance, but also its consistent underperformance with audiences. The same is true in Canada, except ad spending in such programming is government mandated.I remain unconcerned, as algorithmically determined performance indices adopted by broadcasters around the world, will likely go far in eradicating white Canadian broadcast content in geographies it doesn’t belong in. However, the current industry-cultural dysfunction is unlikely to change due to the depth of Canadian government financing across the media value chain. If this were a more market-oriented environment, these situations could not go unchecked nor could the industry remain so white for so long. It’s very clear, the only reason this situation has been perpetuated by all parties concerned for years, is that I am not white nor male. All involved assume they are immune from repercussion because the government-financed system has always enabled this for them, and there is little reason to believe this will not continue.
Sussman has maintained (and housed) numerous staff + board members in the last five years, despite his failed holding company and a handful of industry slowdowns, who without much to do, have spent a not insignificant proportion of their time harassing, stalking and cyberstalking me (and presumably others). This staffing continuity, to some degree, can only be enabled by government financing in some form, as the economic environment during this period hardly justifies it.Meanwhile, in the past couple of years, Sussman has spent much of his time yacht racing in Ireland, where he entertains European film and television execs in his newly acquired hotel.